Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Hunger Games
I'm excited to read this series of books because I've had a few different people suggest them to me. The two most common words my friends have used to describe the story are "good and disturbing." Sounds like my kind of book! I went to the library to see if they had it and both copies were checked out. The librarian told me I could ask to put the book on reserve and they would give me a call when it was checked back in and available. She also mentioned that there were 47 other people on the reserve list before my name! Must be a good book... or a lot of disturbing people are reading more these days. Since there is no real commitment when reserving (it's free and if I don't feel like picking it up when it's my turn they'll let someone else have it) I agreed to put my name on the list. That day Jake and I had taken our bikes to the library so I hadn't brought my purse which meant I didn't have my library card. The librarian offered to just look up my account on her computer and reserve the book for me. I told her my name but she couldn't find me in their system. I thought that was weird and then she told me that the library could have purged my account if I hadn't used it in over a year. How sad is that!!?? I haven't checked anything out from the library in over a year! But did the librarian really have to use the word purge? Yuck. So now Hunger Games is on reserve under Jake's account. He's a regular at the library and that's just one of the many reasons I love him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I just finished the book (we have it so if you want to borrow ....) and now I'm starting book two. I read it in about 36 hrs .... couldn't put it down. I wouldn't say it was disturbing ... if you remember that this is NOT OUR WORLD. If you imagine it as our world ... I'm sure disturbing is the correct word. LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!
It's disturbing that you haven't used your library card in a year...
The books are fantastic. You must borrow them and not wait another minute.
So hilarious! I love that she used the word purged! haha sorry that is disturbing. Please do a review when your done!
I won a radio trivia contest a couple of years ago -- the clue was something like "85% of adults have not been to one of these in the past five years." The answer: a library! Sad commentary on our society. Even more sad....how did I know that answer?!
umm you want to borrow mine dear?? I also finished the final book on wed. Great series!!
my sister has these books. i should have got them so you could read them. my sister and sister in law plus other people i know like them too. too bad i'm not a reader.
Post a Comment