Monday, August 16, 2010

Antelope Island



The Browns and the Bouchers took a little Sunday drive out to Antelope Island yesterday. We really only saw one antelope up close while we were there but we got to see a bunch of buffalo!!!!

Oh and Jake's glasses are half joke/half serious. We both got a pair from the $$ Dollar Tree $$. They are Hi-Def over-the-glasses grandpa sunglasses. Super duper oober cool.







The videos I posted are pretty amateur but they make me laugh and that's what's important. I haven't used my camera for a whole lot of videos so I just noticed today how loud it zooms in and zooms out! I'm also very shaky! But if you're bored enough to be looking at my blog, you may as well watch some silly videos. Just ignore any talking you hear in the background. I didn't know how to mute it and it's a bunch of nonsense & stuff you don't wanna hear.








The sunset was beautiful and we enjoyed the calmness of the lake-- and then skipped some rocks and enjoyed the rippling of the lake! We actually saw two people swimming... but there were so many gnats flying over the water that I can't imagine they were able to get out of the lake without being covered with bugs! I hear that there is so much salt in the Salt Lake that you can float really easy, but the stink in the water doesn't help convince me that it's worth my time to try it.



The coolest part about our island visit we noticed on our way out of the park. There were birds, thousands and thousands of birds flying over the lake. We finally stopped the car and got out to watch them. We must have been there for at least ten minutes and the birds just kept coming. I wasn't able to capture the flapping of their wings on tape but it felt and sounded just like wind rushing right over our heads. It was amazing! It reminded me of stories I've heard about the Monarch migration. Now I need to take a little Sunday drive to Mexico to see some crazy butterflies!

3 comments:

Paul and Ruthie Keep said...

what an awesome time!! it looks beautiful.. I love how when u r video taping u whisper lol

Cody said...

I know. It's so lame and I don't ever have a recollection of doing it but then I watch the video and I'm embarrassed. What a weird thing to do!

Shumfolks said...

The window shot of Jake comparing his beard to the buffalo's is funny!