Thursday, February 28, 2013

Scottsdale

It's such a joke. I'm glad people enjoy being there. I do not.

Today I saw three fashionistas walking down the main drag dressed like they just stepped out of a 1980's strip joint. They were all staring at their iPhones.

It's easy to be a millionaire in Scottsdale and I'll tell you why: Because all the hardcore millionaires are in California. If you can't swim with the big fish, get yourself a little slice of heaven (more like hell with how hot it is down here) in Scottsdale.

Lots of vanity license plates.

And where I work at Whole Foods in North Scottsdale.... there is a man named Thomas who shops there EVERY day. He spends anywhere from $300-500, or roughly $2,500 a week. He is a personal chef. For only TWO PEOPLE!!!! He used to be Shaq's personal chef. Like Shaquille O'Neal. This man, Thomas, is given a very flexible allowance by a wealthy Scottsdale couple, to cook for them every day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every night consists of a 7 course meal. Plus he gets paid a crazy amount of money to do the grocery shopping and the cooking. CRAZY!!!!! That my friends-- is Scottsdale. I don't even spend $2,500 for my food, rent, gas, entertainment, etc in a months time. Who are these people?

I'll post something worthwhile tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

worshipping the god of fashion...

I'm totally with you on that sentiment. :)

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

When did you move to Scottsdale?? I love Visitng Phoenix, but Scottsdale is the Capital of "New Money" and folks are just not nice! Hang in there Lady!! Scottsdale's NOT the best place to live, merely visit...

Brooke said...

Wow, Scottsdale sounds interesting. You have peaked my interest! And I love your honesty. ha.

Selena and Russ!! said...

I haven't looked at anyone's blog for a while and this entry just cracked me up!