My computer illiteracy problem is still not fixed so my posts are going to be behind for a while. You'll get to see our Christmas sometime in February. We've also been lazy with our camera but we snapped a couple photos in Savannah. We saw some antiques. Or "dead people's things for sale."
We visited Tybee Island which was beautiful but cold. Nobody was there except for an awesome capoeira fighter doing dance moves on the beach. We tried to be discrete about getting him in the background of our picture but I'm sure his killer animal instinct was on to us from our first take.
Savannah was kind of a whirlwind of two days and one night. We would like to have stayed a little longer but the storm was chasing us south and we also knew that we needed to get to a solid home base (Miami) for the Christmas holiday. Next time we're in Savannah, we will be sure to check out Mrs. Wilkes Home Cookin'. We were told by a good friend that this was the best meal of her life. In this restaurant you sit down at a long cafeteria style table with a bunch of other people. Then starts a 25 course meal where each dish is passed around and you serve yourself a spoonful. At the end of the night you drop fifteen bucks into a jar on your way out. We're sorry we missed Mrs. Wilkes this time around, but it was probably good for us to take a short break from all the "home cookin" we've been enjoying on this trip. What's that saying??? A moment on the lips... forever on the hips.
It was hard to capture the beauty of Savannah in a picture. Trees covered in spanish moss canopied every road. Jake and I decided that pictures with people in them are more fun to look at so here I am, awkwardly standing and getting more nervous every second because Jake is standing in the middle of the road with his back to fast moving traffic.

4 comments:
Oh how I LOVE Georiga! Did I tell you, that's where I lived and met my husband? i hope you went to uncle bubba's fish house, that's there in tybee island. we had lunch there once when we went for a trip to savanna. the best food is in savanna i'm sure of it.. Isn't it such a beautiful place?! I can't wait to go back and visit!! keep the pics comin! I love seeing my old stomping grounds!
Love the pic of you two in the swing!
Also the "bearded one" in the foreground of the martial arts guy's picture. You have a feel for very interesting pictures, Cody!
Best of wishes to you two!!
Cute pic of you on the hood of the car, Cody, outside of "Dead People's Things for Sale". I thought you made it up, and then Wayne said, "It says that on the sign" . . . Well, don't accuse me of being observant, will you?
I loove love love the swing pictures. Those ones should go in frames for sure...once you find a home base that is. Or, I suppose you could frame pictures and pin them to the top of your car...on the inside of course. Love you guys.
Post a Comment