Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And so it begins...

We FINALLY finished moving completely out of our house on November 1st. Packing seemed to take forever. Jake kept saying, "how could we wake up and pack all day, then wake up the next day and do it again, and then again the next day?" Moving makes you realize how much junk you really shouldn't have. Even though it took days upon days for us to put everything in boxes, it only took the guys an hour to fill up a trailer and then transfer it into storage. Layne, Paul and Jake were awesome movers. Jake became a pro at shrink wrapping. Layne was juggling couches above his head like they weighed nothing. And Paul, well he's the funny one. Actually when Layne & Paul found out that we needed help they didn't hesitate for a second and both were eager to show off their muscles. I'm grateful for their friendships with Jake and I'm also very grateful for their moving help. Somehow they managed to fit our entire life into a 5x10 storage unit.  I meant to get a picture of our couch stacked ten feet high but everything seemed so hectic and last minute that I forgot. That little 5x10 storage room has masterfully been put together like a big game of Jenga.

It was sad to say goodbye to our cute, little old house of 2 years but now we're back in adventure mode! On Halloween night our good friends Mac & Kelly threw a wild zombie party so we took a break from the last minute packing and socialized like normal people do-- the only problem was that we weren't so normal and honestly felt like zombies after three straight days of looking at nothing but cardboard boxes. M&K (that's how I refer to all of our couple friends. ie: Aaron & Janet = A&J; Russ & Selena = R&S) ANYWAY, M&K let us crash at their place that night since all we had left in our house was some unvacuumed carpet and a flat air mattress. The next morning, after cleaning and handing over house keys, we officially hit the road Monday and got as far as... Elsinore, Utah!  Actually, we had planned to spend some time here with Wayne & Ann before heading out. Way out! The plan is to drive all the way to the east coast and back. I'd love to document our whole road trip but we won't have internet access the entire time so we'll try to update at least once a week. Wish us luck! We may be calling you soon to sleep on your floor, or to take a shower, or do a load of laundry!

9 comments:

Selena and Russ!! said...

i miss you. really. it's weird without you! I love the shrink wrap. I want to watch a dollar movie with you right now. Hurry, COME BACK!

Linz said...

If you need a place to stay in DC let us know :) Have a super fun trip!

Bouchizzle said...

Good luck! You are a super brave woman and I don't know how you do it. Have fun.

Lacey said...

I don't know who Jay and Linz are but you better at least visit us in DC if not spend the night.

Anna K. said...

Yay! That sounds fun! I was thinking lately it would be fun to just quit jour obs and live in a bus for a while and just travel around. That's pretty much what you guys are doing! Awesome!

maynardmoments said...

Oh Cody, I love your adventurous side! Have an awesome trip and document what you can. I can't wait to hear about it.
And, we have a nice, comfortable guest bed if you two need a place to crash for a while.

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

Love you so much darlin! Be safe, and hope we see you soon!

Unknown said...

Awesome! If you decide to drop by Phoenix, AZ on your way back, let me know, you have a place to stay!

Mom and Dad said...

It was fun to have you in Elsinore for a couple of days! Love you lots!