This week I noticed 2 people on 2 different occasions riding their bikes around town while smoking a cigarette. Huh? I guess I don't get it because I've never been a smoker, but the sight of them made me laugh both times. It seems to me like:
1.) A smoker wouldn't be smoking after choosing a mode of transportation that makes them more aware of their damaged lung capacity.
2.) If I were going to smoke, or text, or tie my shoes, then I would pull my bike over and get it done before I try and weave my way through traffic.
Who knows, maybe the bikers were on their last cigarette and their spouse had taken their only car so they had to get to the Maverick gas station ASAP before they ran out of their addiction. Or maybe they don't even own a car because all their money is being spent on a stinky habit with no positive benefits.
Whatever their reasons, I'm glad to have seen the smokers on their bicycles because it made me laugh, and I've never heard of there ever being too much laughing happening. Recently I attended a class on journaling and one idea that was shared was to make a "Laughing Journal." The idea is to have a separate journal where you write down everything that made you laugh that day. Then if you ever need a pick-me-up you can go back to that journal and have a good laugh about something!
I've started doing this by writing short drafts in my phone of funny things I see happen during the day and then I transcribe the story into my journal when I get home. I'm liking it... I wonder what my posterity will think of my journaling style change?
1 comment:
Love it!!!
Post a Comment