Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vegetarians please don't read this.


So Tucano's has this "birthday club" where you can send in for a buy one meal get one free when it's your birthday month. Since Paul, Selena & I all have May birthdays, we sent in for the coupons and we all went out to eat last night.

It was mine & Jake's first time eating there so we weren't sure exactly what to expect. I mean, we understood that the waiters came around with meat and just kept slicing it off onto your plate until you would tell them to stop. There was about a 2 hour wait to get seated (a big thanks to all of our party who showed up on time and waited the first hour since Jake and I are notorious for being late.) While waiting outside I saw a big man walk out of the restaurant, pound his fist against his heart a few times and then breath real deep and loud as he slowly walked away. I was so excited to start eating!

When we walked in the salad bar looked fabulous! I was sooo excited. Then right away multiple servers started showing up at our table every 30 seconds. They would announce what meat they had and just waited for you to say yes or no and then they'd plop a big chunk of steak onto your plate. Or two chunks. Whatever you wanted! My eyes were huge and I told Selena that I could eat at this restaurant every week! It was delicious.

Not even 15 minutes later everybody's eyes started to look a little glazed over and everyone's arms were moving much slower to try and get any food up to their mouths. We stuffed ourselves that fast! I was not proud of myself in that moment for eating so much meat in so little time. I looked over at Selena and told her that I didn't think I could ever eat at Tucano's again. It was definitely a fun adventure with fun friends but you really can get too much of a good thing.

4 comments:

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

I LOVE TOCANOS! That is mine and Shawn's most favorite place to eat!! since our birthday is the same day, we eat there for free each year. He served his mission in brazil so we love to go eat and speak portugues to all the folks there. we'll have to go with you guys next time! so glad you liked it!!

Sarah E Boucher said...

That is awesome! I really wanna check it out...but I am a notorious overeater and I'm a bit afraid of being like a kid in a candy shop!!! But it sounds amazing :)

Selena and Russ!! said...

hahaha. man it was sooooo good. but i was sooooo full.

Mom and Dad said...

I went to Tucanos with my old BYU roomies a few years ago! Loved the salad and the grilled pineapple. Loved the meat too. Glad you got to go! Happy Birthday!!!!!