Saturday, May 29, 2010

Squaw Peak Camping!

We have had a fabulous memorial weekend so far! Three of us awesome people (Me, Selena and Paul) had birthdays in the month of May so we've been partying for a while. We went camping friday night which is always a good time. I'm glad we have friends who like to get dirty.
***Insert comment by Jake, "Dirty friends. Wanky, wanky!"***

Jake and Paul Keep found an awesome log over by another campsite and thought that we needed it by our fire so they hooked it up to the subara and pulled it. Jake has way too much fun driving that car!
Then Dallin showed us some of his special Indian secrets to building a fire with two sticks and Jake shared his air flow techniques.
Merinda and Ruthie exchanged girl talk.


The band started playing and people started dancing.... in their own way.

Then there was some mountain meditation.

And Selena was in her element. (That's a camera around her neck.)

It was also FREEZING at night. We heated up some rocks in the fire and hugged them all night long.... they were really dirty but it was dark so that made everything okay. Just like the marshmallow I ate off of the ground earlier that night.

Then somebody passed gas.

They say couples start looking like each other...

5 comments:

Anna K. said...

I love all your blogingness! I suck at blogging, but maybe you are inspiring me! Your camping trip looked fun! I like the matching shirt story too. hahha!

Sarah E Boucher said...

You guys have toooooo much fun! Makes me think we oughtta plan some summer outtings, eh? Soooo adventurous, fun, and entertaining! Love you guys!

Selena and Russ!! said...

you forgot to mention how grumpy we were in the morning and our frostbitten toes.

Paul and Ruthie Keep said...

hahah!!! i did not fart that time!!!.... did i?

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like fun, Cody! You do well with your camera.
About looking like Jake? I think you'd better quit before you grow a red beard!!
Love ya!