Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"The Economy"

Lately everyone and their dog, no matter how smart or idiotic they may be, seem to use this phrase whenever they need a scapegoat: The Economy 

Sometimes it's true.  Sometimes.

Higher taxes? It's because of our economy. Climbing interest rates? The economy. Gasoline prices? The economy. Wage theft? It's our economic situation. Rising unemployment? Our failing economy. Identity theft and internet schemes? Our economy. Global warming? Yep, our economy. Why can't I get a loan? It's this economy. Why do I spend more than I make? The economy. Why do I keep gaining weight? The economy. 

How long is this recession going to last?  It's almost been ten years since it started so when people say we're coming out of it, I don't believe them.  A couple points up on the DOW today is a couple points down tomorrow.  Nobody really, REALLY knows when and what is going to happen, but I think we need some new excuses.

On an upwards note, our vocabulary is expanding and new words have been created since "the economy" problem started.  I learned a new one yesterday that made me laugh....

FUNEMPLOYMENT!

   And yes, that is how I'm surviving these days.  
   Am I ashamed, you may ask?  
   No.  
   Why?  
   The Economy.

3 comments:

Amber said...

you should send this to the newspapers!!! :)

Selena and Russ!! said...

I'm glad to see your blogging. what was your excuse for slacking on the blog!? the economy!? haha. love this post....

Angela* said...

haha! you're funny.