Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY 2009!

This New Year's Even we attended Salt Lake's First Night. There was an awesome light sculpture of recycled plastic bottles. Oh, and our good friend Nathan was in town to celebrate with us!






I'm not sure what was happening, but from the looks of my face it seems like Jake made a joke that I didn't approve of and then I was threatening to punch him. Ya, that's my best guess. Good thing I have a bad memory and we can move on easily.


















It was cold here in Utah, but NOT like last year in Korea. The scarves we wore this year were more fashionable than they were life-saving in the Korean cold.


















Remember this picture? BRRRR!
An-Young-Ha-Sae-Yo








As reggae music filled the air, we were able to watch some awesome fire dancers--- fire doesn't really show up on camera.

Anyway, it was a good way to ring in the new year :)

5 comments:

melissamay said...

an - young- ha-sae-yo to you and your mom!
I learned that tracting in the Korean neighborhoods in Jersey. CRAZY!

When we going shopping again?

Joanie said...

I love the new photo you have at the top of your blog. Just beautiful.

Sounds like fun for New Year's Eve.
Love you both,
Auntie Joanie

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Cute pictures! And I like the new picture too! Love your wedding dress!

Mom and Dad said...

Love the new pic at the top, Cody!
Am so glad you kids are back in Utah and somewhat warm this year. Glad we found Jake's gold coat at the cleaners too. Looks like he is enjoying it!!
You found some fun things for New Year's Eve!!
Love ya, Wayne & Ann

Sarah E Boucher said...

Seriously looks like fun! More exciting than what we did...just visiting and munching really, but still nice. I would have loved to be a part of that, even in the cold.