Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh, I'm just being picky now.

Well I had a job interview for a full-time position with Whole Foods (used to be Wild Oats) over in Park City. I drove up to Salt Lake first to do some business, then I went over to Park City. The drive was GORGEOUS! I must have picked the perfect day for that drive because I fell in love with Utah all over again! The lakes, the trees, the snow caps and leaves!!!! It was such a beautiful and peaceful experience that I had to make a New Post out of it!

Then the interview went well, so well that the manager offered me the job on-the-spot. I told him I'd get back to him by the end of the day and I took the journey home. The drive home was just as spectacular! This time I took the back way into Heber and then through the Canyon. I couldn't get enough of this scenery!!!! I was jealous of everyone who was just "hangin" out in Park City. I thought.... yep, this is the life. People driving their big fancy cars, shopping at Whole Foods, taking some bikes our for a cruise, maybe a picnic around the lake, and then back to a 5 star hotel for a nice sleep in an oversized, oversoft bed.

I had almost convinced myself that taking this drive through the canyon everyday, though a little bit long, was very much worth it because it is also SO beautiful. Then it hit me. Right as I was driving out of the mouth of the canyon snowflakes started hitting the windshield. WHAT!?!? It's June 3rd. NO SNOW ALLOWED! There's no way I would survive that drive come October 31st.... because we all know the first snow always hits Utah Valley on Halloween. I was irate.

There is no way to change this weird phenomenon that happens time and time again. HOWEVER, I do have the power to change my future. I WILL NOT be driving through the Canyons of ice and car wrecks this Hall-o-ween. I'll just have to find a job somewhere else.

4 comments:

janet said...

Again.. that is why you need to move to Vegas. Snow should never be allowed in June or October or April or February for that matter. Christmas Day is a good day for snow.. and then it should melt.

Are we going to see you at the funeral? I hope so.

Cody said...

I really do want to come, but I have a postal test on Saturday morning. There's no way to change the date unless I push it back 3 months....

Bouchizzle said...

I have a coworker that drives from Kamas everyday to South Jordan. It is miserable and probably takes her close to two hours on bad days. Good choice.

Good luck with everything! You guys are fantastic and we LOVE LOVE you :)

Strommer Family said...

YEAH some more updates on the cutey patootey with the ghetto 70's snow boots...I miss seeing your style at church it brought such color into Relief Society!! Keep up the good blog work!! :)