Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Holy HOT.

This is my fourth summer in Phoenix...................
And it feels like the hottest! OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE! I can't handle it. I am currently sitting in the library because my house is too hot-- even with the air conditioning on. Jake and I were both sprawled out on separate couches with ice packs on our heads. We decided to come read books (or blog) at the library where it is always nice and cold. The library even has shades up on their 40 foot windows today. It is seriously hot people. I just looked up the 16 hottest cities in the world and guess where Phoenix lies?

Fifth hottest city IN THE WORLD! We beat out Death Valley and Las Vegas.
4th place: Illizi, Algeria
3rd place: Mecca, Saudi Arabia
2nd place: Ahvaz, Iran
1st place: Kuwait City, Kuwait

What are we doing here? These aren't life sustaining temperatures. Jake and I have been trying to buy a house here in Phoenix for a long while now, but why? What is wrong with us?! Everyone keeps saying, "only two more weeks and then the monsoons will be here." HELLO, these are NOT monsoons. People out here just don't know what a rain storm looks like. And the monsoons don't necessarily cool things down. We might go from 115 degrees to 100 degrees but then we're talking about sticky humidity. Every day this week and last week all had high temperatures over 110. It is seriously getting to me. My head always feels like it wants to implode. We tried to get out of the heat yesterday so we drove up to Payson to go camping. It was about ten degrees cooler which made a big difference but I still think this place is insane.

Do I still want to live here? Yes, but I am not going to say that I don't mind the heat. It is absolutely terrible. There should be a rule that for every parking lot that gets built there needs to be a tree every ten feet. There should also be a rule that the golf courses can't water their grass June through August. And the state should invoke "summer hours" so that every place of business can flip flop their hours of operation. 7pm-7am sounds great to me. I could sleep during the hottest part of the day and then have energy at night after the sun has gone down and the temperature drops to 89 degrees. Yes, this sounds like a perfect idea. How come no one else has ever made this happen?

No comments: