Remember that awesome salad I raved about back in.... oh February? Well I'm just now adding the recipe, per my mothers request. Go get 'em Brandy!
1 1/2 c quinoa
2 1/4 c chicken stock
2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small red bell pepper, stemmed & seeded, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed & seeded, finely diced
1 large garlic clove
1/2 c chopped red onion
1/2 c chopped parsley
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tabasco or hot sauce
1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
Bring quinoa, stock and 1 tsp salt to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa grains sprout (about 20 minutes.) Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat. Cool slightly. Add remaining ingredients, except for the kale, and toss to combine. Stir in the kale. Top with pumpkin seeds and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes for great cold leftovers, as well.
Recipe from Dr. Josh Axe (www.draxe.com)
Jake and I made a big batch of this and took it camping. It stayed good in our cooler for 3 days. I'm in love with this recipe. It's going to be a staple meal in the Boucher household.
No comments:
Post a Comment