Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I know, I know, I know.

Yes, it has been a million years since I last posted on the best blog in the world. I'm not sure if it's because I'm busy or bored. Can you be both at the same time? I feel like there is nothing exciting to write about but then I realize that so much has happened in these last few months that I should really be documenting, and THEN I get overwhelmed and it makes me too tired to even open the laptop. So here I am, feeling lazy on a Sunday morning but also feeling sentimental. I was completely exhausted last night and got to bed sometime after 1:30, just to wake up for no particular reason at 6:30, still tired but unable to fall back asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started this email on a Sunday.... and now it's 3 1/2 weeks later. Haha. Oh blogging.

I want to post a couple pictures of the happenings before we left Utah, then we'll get to the new stuff. Jake and I helped out with a couple of projects around E-town (Elsinore). Using a sledge hammer is pretty tough stuff. It was a better workout than kickboxing. Goodbye old shed.

Demolition:
demolition
Demolished:
Photobucket

Family Time: Canning with the Logan-based Bouchers. Kindergarten music time with the Ogden-based Boucher. Puzzle mania with the Kearns-based Bouchers.
Photobucket
Before our road trip Jake and I found two old 1960's banana seat bikes at the local thrift store for only $5 each! It was too good of a deal so we bought them and stored them at our wonderful parents house for the next 6 months. (thanks again) When we got back from our road trip guess what we found at the thrift store? An old tandem Schwinn! We changed the chain and pumped up the tires and sold it on craigslist for a good profit. . . . Since we hadn't been working and earning wages for a while, we began to notice opportunity in everything around us.
Photobucket
Mama B's Birthday. Family. Bowling. Eating. Funny Hats.
Photobucket
Jake has always wanted to go tie dye some clothes in the red mud at the Hot Pots. So we finally decided to do it and now he is the proud owner of a couple of brown/grey/red t-shirts and a pair of shoes.
Photobucket
14 inches of blonde locks being chopped.... only one of them looks very happy about it.
Photobucket
Talk about beautiful, thick hair! Jake donated it to Wigs for Kids. He wants to start a business where you can receive a picture back of the kid wearing your hair for a wig. Super weird, huh? NOBODY would ever start a business like that. There are way too many complications and implications. Now I think it's time for a shave. What kind of little kid do you think would benefit from Jake donating his beard hair?
Photobucket
Jake and I crashed a Family Reunion while we were in Utah. Hahaha! Who does that? It was a lot of fun. Our friends, the Hewitt's, have a party every summer with music and mutton. It was great. Not the mutton. But everything else.
Photobucket
Another project we worked on while we were visiting Elsinore was some rental sprucing up. We painted inside & outside. Walls, shutters, and somehow another red door! Remember the red door we painted at Mom & Dad Shumways house? Welp, we painted a red door at Mama & Papa Bouchers house.
Photobucket
Jake has had these blue shoes for a very, very long time. Whenever he'd wear them his toes would stick out the sides because of all the holes. We were both sad to see them go. Jake never thought I liked them but I did-- I just thought the holes were too many. Doesn't that picture kind of look like a mug shot?

And I have to mention this old U-haul truck that we bought. We had the awesome plan of buying a cheap truck, packing it full, moving to our new home, and then selling the truck for the same price. Well... the cheap truck was... cheap. Jake did a lot of manly work on it but it became too much of a headache. So... we sold it for the same price and then bought the trailer you see on the next picture. We built sides for it and Jake wired up some brake lights. We packed everything we could into a 4'x4'x8' trailer, a geo metro and a 1994 subaru. Yes, not a whole lot of space to fit our entire lives, but it worked. I guess it was a good purging of unnecessary junk.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jake is always up for the fam jam. If somebody wants to play music, there he be. Lately he's been practicing the saw. Wildly enough, he makes it sound pretty good.
Photobucket
We thought it would be a waste to drive more than two cars up the mountain, so we left one car at the bottom of the bike trail and Jake squished into the back of the truck with four bicycles. Then Mama B, Papa B, Jake and I coasted down the Big Rock Candy Mountain. I miss the those mountains.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Doo you know, know, know that I love this post? Do you know, know, know that I miss you and your hairy friend? Love and hugs
YFA

Sarah E Boucher said...

Very fun! I think you summed up about 4 months there...and maybe can we burn that picture of me in Kindergaten? Yikes! Cute to see all the fun things that you did before the big move. GLAD you guy were here long enough to wander around and visit everyone...hope it happens again soon :)