After that we stayed another couple of nights in a different part of L.A. with our amazing friend who we met in Hawaii, Nathan W. Bush Bliss, and his sister Emily. There's a lot to see in Los Angeles, so we did some walking and talking and photo-ing. We decided to see Union Station and "China"town, and we just happened to run across a Native American Heritage celebration downtown that was beautiful and entertaining.
We hung around the apartment drinking maté, playing music and "making it rain." Rain MONEY! Since the BLISS duo was moving out of their apartment, Emily was trying to locally sell some furniture via craigslist. After somebody picked up and purchased the first item with cold hard cash, Jake made up a song and Emily danced in the money. Nathan kept brewing up new batches of maté which meant he kept cleaning out the french press. Yes, those pictures are in the correct order. Nathan dumped the leaves and then looked out the window 50 feet down to the alley. Haha, nobody was there but it would have been funny.
Then we did the Venice Beach thing. It's not one of my favorite places to visit, but it's intriguing to know that the Venice Beach community exists. We saw skateboarders and rollerbladers and hemp weavers and tweakers. People just doin' their thang. I'm glad those people are happy doing what they do, because I am happy to live in a house with doors, work a job, eat regular meals and take regular baths. To each his own. After a long day of walking we treated ourselves to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles. Savory and sweet. Mmmm. Jake created another song about chicken and waffles later that day.












1 comment:
I'm jealous. I need to pass through the California coast and see Mr. Nathan Bliss one of these days. I might just have to call you two up and ask for some suggestions.
Post a Comment