Thursday, June 16, 2011

Leaving Prescott

We stayed in Prescott, AZ with some crazy vegan bus-loving hippies for a couple of days but didn't take any pictures. Haha, and my spellcheck didn't recognize the word Vegan. It's very pretty there with the hills and pines and red rock, but I didn't feel at home. Our drive from there to California was also pretty. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE VIEW OF JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK. We came in from the east on Highway 62. It was ridiculously beautiful. It looked like a fake back drop to an old western movie. The prairies were long and flat and then the mountains just shot straight up into this big jagged mystery. Our camera couldn't capture it, so if you get the chance you should take a trip out there. Most people just punch through the trip from Arizona to California on Interstate 10 but you won't get the insanely incredible and untainted view that you would from the old ghost highway. I guess it's a rock climbers destination, and a Volkswagen baby haven. I apologize ahead of time for my awkwardly posed picture. I don't remember what I was thinking about.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We see some odd stuff on the back roads and this time we ran across a shoe corral. Once upon a time we saw a shoe tree just smothered in thousands of pairs of shoes when we were driving across the loneliest highway in the nation, so this fence wasn't all that impressive. Still, it's interesting that so many people would dump their shoes in the middle of the desert. We also noticed this GORGEOUS full moon in front of us. It was a beautiful pink color and it looked ENORMOUS coming over the mountains. Then as we looked behind us we saw a beautiful sunset that was perfectly paralleled with it's opposite. It was one of those special reminders that life is a gift and it was another manifestation that God is a perfect scientist.... or mathematician.... or geologist.... or something.... or everything.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Matt said...

the other day i was working in snowflake/taylor and saw a sign for Shumway Insurance. a light went on in my little brain and i kinda remembered that your family lived in the area. on another note, i'm offended that you didn't surf my couch in flagstaff.