And the fun with los padres continued. We spent New Years Eve being awesome. Riding bikes, playing dominos, lounging, and Jake played us some music. He made up a song about bzzz bzzz Brandy bee. I wish we had a recording because it was hilarious. Jake makes a really good buzzing sound, you should ask to hear it sometime. He'll appreciate that I announced that on the blog.... Anyway, my parents are pretty much professional vacationers. When they get the chance to party, they make every minute worthwhile.
In case you couldn't tell, my mom and I are the birds. Jake and I are the disgustingly cute ones. Not too much was going on for the New Years countdown at Englewood Beach so we took an amazing trip to 7-11 for some slurpees. After all, this night would never happen again! I asked the cashier if she would take our picture and she acted like it was something she did for customers everyday.
Then somebody got the brilliant idea to buy a lottery ticket because it would feel great to start off the new year with some kiz-ash in our wallets. The thing is, we're not old pros at playing the lotto so it took us ten minutes to figure it out. Look at how confused everyone is-- reading the directions aloud in a convenient store. I was laughing so hard. Then right after we stepped outside my mom began to worry. She was worried that we would win and that Heavenly Father and the rest of Florida would know we had gambled away a dollar. More laughing. It was the BEST! And of course there were fireworks.
2010 was a good year. After losing our jobs, Jake and I had a lot of time to figure out what we really, truly want from life. I want a place to call home, with a huge garden and enough space for our family to enjoy the outdoors. I want to be healthy. Mind, body and soul. Jake wants to make music and art and figure out a way to share it with the world. He also wants to see if he can turn people watching into a career somehow. We both want to continue traveling and seeing what this gigantic world has to offer. In the past 4 months we have met some of the most interesting and inspiring people and we hope it's the beginning and not the end of our adventure.










3 comments:
It was great to close out 2010 with you guys! I'm already looking forward to 12/31/2011...who knows where we'll be...man, if only our sinful ticket had won!
These pix are amazing! And I'm glad you guys are figuring things out...there's nothing worse than being unhappy with where you are in life. And no matter where you end up, you'll have these amazing memories of such lovely times together :) and your relationship will be stronger and stronger because of it.
professional people watcher? = anthropologist. i win.
Post a Comment