After we met up with my parents we took off on some adventures. We went to an orange/lemon grove and watched them make juice. In this picture you can see my mom watching the machine squeeze oranges and squirt juice all over the window and you can see my dad reading about it on a poster. I just thought I'd point that out because it's funny to me.
Later on we went "bird watching." What happened is Jake and I vetoed the air boat tour because the water was too low for an extreme journey through the swamp. We were able to see the boat tour from the shore, engine off and at a stand still in the middle of the lake. Sweaty, touristy strangers crowded on boat benches together and nothing exciting happening. I'm pretty sure we could see more alligators/birds from the waters edge. I think the bird walk was a better idea and more fun. I chatted it up with my mom and Jake listened to my dad talk politics... boat ride or bird watching, each has it's ups and downs.
We hiked around for a bit and my parents showed us their chameleon trick. When I was looking through our pictures I was trying to figure out what was happening with these trees. I think my dad has had some green beret training in camouflage technique. Then my mom got sentimental and patriotic like she always does. That's why we love her.
This was literally the back porch of our condo, ocean front goodness. My parents have been around a few years and have figured out how to vacation. I think they've got it down to a science. Vacation+Beach+Jake&Cody= P.A.R.T.Y. If you look far off into the sunset you can see a sailboat along the horizon.









2 comments:
Yep - PARTY! It was a great time and we're glad we could share it with you two! I wanna go back...
That last picture is breathtaking! And I love the new one at the top of your blog too...extremely cute. Glad you guys are enjoying adventuring so much :)
Post a Comment