Before I woke up Christmas Day of 2010, Jake was starting and completing my Christmas gift. I had no idea this was coming... but I was thrilled when I opened my eyes. He had snuck out of bed and shaved off his enormous beard. What!?!? He knew I had been wanting this for over a year and a half but he was dragging his feet because he had actually fallen deeply in love with the new friend on his face. His entire life Jake hasn't grown a beard much longer than a weeks worth, nor his hair much longer than over his ears. This was a VERY big sacrifice since he had become so fond of his new look. He loved that beard so much. Needless to say, this is the best Christmas gift I've ever received. Shocking, exciting and so handsome! Jake knew I wanted to experience the whole disappearing act when it finally came time, so he did me the favor of documenting it with 30 pictures-- pictures of which I didn't know about until I downloaded them from my camera onto the computer. That was another fun surprise. I've really missed that face. It had been so long, it was almost like seeing a ghost. I was speechless. My eyes were huge and my hand was cupped over my mouth. I was so happy but so surprised. After staring at him for five minutes Jake told me to cut it out. Haha, it was great. Christmas Day my facebook page read: I have the best husband in the whole wide world.










8 comments:
What a wonderful surprise. I know that handsome face!
(PS Where are you now?)
that was a good way to do it. good surprise. i can see you staring at jake and him getting weirded out by all the stares.... hahaha. I am going to dedicate a post on our blog to this debeardification. see you guys soon hopefully.
Love the picture with the clean, smiley face!
good husband. jake good christmas present. now i want to see you in real life. i looooove the step by step pictures taking us through the whole process. i felt like i was there. now lets cut the hair.
I love all the pictures. I felt like I was there watching him cut and shave!! Sorry Jake but you are much more handsome without all that hair!!! What a wonderful Christmas present!!! How are you going to top this present next year?
Jake, you are the Surprise King!!
I remember when you had the permed hair and I cut it for you at your request. You sat there with your head in your hands afterwards and I worried that you were really sad. Then you went to school the next day and the girls all said you looked really cool --- like Joe, even!!
I am so glad part of the show was the step-by-step. You really know how to play to the audience!!
Always surprises!!
Love you MUCH, handsome!!!
I was trying to figure out how I knew about this when you just posted it....then I remembered a certain txt/pix I received with the caption "Beard today, gone tomorrow." Silly kids :)
watching the beard come off picture by picture was so entertaining. Holy Smokes. Now you can start over again. Well done.
Post a Comment