Jake played a concert right here in Orem this last Thursday. They are a two man show: Jake on the upright and electric bass, sometimes a little keyboard, and Andrew on the drums! These guys can make a lot of sound between the two of them.
They were really fun to watch and sounded pretty amazing for their first show together. I'm looking forward to seeing them play again. This is a copy of the flyer that Jake drew up on the spur of the moment so we could get the word out. Next time I'll post something about the concert BEFORE it happens.
Some of our friends who came to the show told me they really enjoyed the music and I believe them-- especially my friends from Africa. They went on and on about how good the band sounded and they wanted to buy some cd's. So Jake will have to get busy making some cd's now! I don't know if it is a coincidence or not... but I find it interesting that Jake really, really likes African music, and my African friends really liked Jake's style of music (which does not sound African at all.)
Overall, it was a good night and we had a lot of fun. My husband is an awesome musician and I love when he's up on stage.
3 comments:
cute cute! wish I could have been there. I believe ya too. =)
Send me a txt next time...no promises that I can make it, BUT I'd like to have the opportunity :)
I wishhh we could have beeen there!!!!! man well he has to do it again!
Post a Comment