Monday, June 1, 2009

Bumble Bee-- NOT a transformer

Okay. I know I sound like an idiot in these short videos but that's because I was super flustered in the heat of the moment. This killer bee has been tormenting me for a few days now. The first time I was in the backyard and it started buzzing around me. I ran inside.

The following day I had all of the doors and windows closed but somehow it got inside and buzzed around my head as my arms were delved deeply into a sink full of dishes. I captured it in a tupperware-- covered the top with only a sheet of paper because that was the closest thing around, and then I threw the entire concoction outside and slammed the door shut without looking back.

Then yesterday.... it shows up again! I captured it in between the screen and the sliding glass window pane. All evening long it made big shadows on the carpet beside me and freaked me out!


This morning the big bee is dead and still lying in the window sill. But guess what.... I walked into the kitchen this morning and there's a regular sized bee flying around!!!! What is up with all of these bees?! That is four days in a row now that they have tried to attack and made it inside of a closed house. CRAZY!!!!

5 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

What is with all the bees, you ask?
Does Jake call you "honey"?
Maybe it's his fault . . .
Bumbley-bees are fun fuzzy guys -- as long as they stay far enough away that you can focus on them!
Happy spring, Cody dear!

Jade said...

that thing is sick! i'm scared of it just from the video. eww! i got bit by 2 mosquitos yesterday. one of which right directly on the top of my head! i hate bugs and insects!
p.s. love the ice cream! thanks again!

Sarah E Boucher said...

You crack me up! Maybe spray the windows and doorways with raid. Sometimes that works...might deter them a little anyway.

Joanie said...

LOL... I love this! Unless you have evil bee super powers they will usually just leave you alone. You must be the evil Queen Bee (dun-dun-dun)
Love you,

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

well girl i don't know what to tell you. are you sure that you AC/Heater (if on top of your house) possibly coming in through there And coming out your vents. (just an idea, it happened to a friend of mine). but that is a humongo bee, & it's big enough to transform. lol!